- High school students who will be in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade as of Fall 2020 are invited to apply
- High school participants must commit to attending at least 4 of the 5-course online sessions per term. If you know that you will miss a session, please discuss this matter with our program staff.
- High school participants must select two-course choices on the application. Once accepted into the program there will be no option for switching courses during the current term.
- High school participants are selected based on:
- 1) written and demonstrated an interest in science, 2) date application is submitted, and 3) past attendance in the program.
- High school participants from local and regional public and private high schools are prioritized for selection, but all high school students may apply.
- High school participants must have an electronic device (computer or tablet) with a camera that connects to Zoom and a web browser. All classes will meet virtually.
- Courses are filled at 16 students. Classes may have materials that will need to mailed or picked up.
Science teachers are welcome to participate in SST. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about teacher roles.
Step One - Submit Online Application form with at least two-course selections.
The application deadline for the Fall 2020 session of the School for Scientific Thought is: Sunday, September 27, 2020 by 11:59pm.
If you do not get an email confirmation after you submit your application, then please resubmit. Make sure your email address is correct as we use email to communicate.
Step Two - We will alert you to your admission status on September 30.
Step Three - If you are selected for the program, you will receive a Welcome Packet email, you will need to print and fill out (with parent/guardian signatures) the documents. These documents can then be submitted online as .jpgs or .pdf files
All forms must be received no later than 9:45 am on Saturday, October 10, 2020.
The School for Scientific Thought is a free enrichment program.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com